- The Sacramento, California, airport (SAC) is 105 miles (1.75 hours) to the west; rental cars are available.
- The Reno, Nevada, airport (RNO) is 35 miles (45 minutes) to the east; rental cars and shuttle services are available.
- If you are arriving in a private plane, the Truckee-Tahoe airport is 8 miles (15 min) to the south.
Rental cars and public transportation are available.
- Truckee is located just north of Interstate 80, about 15 miles west of the California-Nevada border.
- Amtrak's California Zephyr travels along a route of incomparable scenery between Chicago and San Francisco,
with a daily stop in Truckee.